The secret to creating an excellent stir fry recipe is in selecting the correct ingredient and flavor combinations. In the recipe below, we'll walk you through an amazing tried and tested recipe that is not only extremely delicious but also very healthy.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Ingredients for an Ultimate Tofu Stir Fry Recipe
1 14-Ounce Package of Extra Firm Organic Tofu
1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 Teaspoon of Fresh Ground Black Pepper
4 Tablespoons of Cornstarch
3 Large Spring Onions Cut Into 1-inch Strips
3 Minced Garlic Cloves
1 Tablespoon of Minced Ginger
4 Small Chopped Bok Choy
2 Large Peeled and Chopped Carrots
1 Cup of Fresh Peas
2 Tablespoons of Chinese Rice Wine
1/4 Cup of Vegetable Broth
1 Tablespoon of Hoisin Sauce
1 Teaspoon of Sesame Oil
3 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
Preparation for anUltimate Tofu Stir Fry Recipe
1. Thaw out your frozen tofu in a covered bowl until it becomes soft and pliable.
2. Cut your thawed tofu into small half inch squares. Place the cut tofu on to several different layers of paper towels so that it can properly drain. Press down on it occasionally over a half hour time frame.
3. Heat your oil in a large cooking wok.
4. Take out a mixing bowl and add in your tofu, black pepper, and cornstarch. Toss the ingredients well until they are evenly mixed.
5. Add the tofu into the wok and fry it for 7-9 minutes. Make sure that it is browned on all sides. Remove the tofu once it's done.
6. Add into the wok the onions, ginger, and garlic. Fry it for 1-2 minutes then place it into the bowl with the tofu.
7. Next, stir fry the bok choy, carrots and snow peas for 3-4 minutes, making sure there is enough oil still in the pan. Add in the tofu and other mixed ingredients from the bowl.
8. Add the remaining ingredients to the wok and stir fry everything until the sauce has thickened and the solid ingredients reach the desired tenderness.
Wine Pairing: Sparkling Wine