The earthy flavors of pumpkin and curry are the perfect complement to the fall season. Along with a glass of sparkling wine, this cashew and pumpkin curry recipe celebrates the best flavors of the season in a dish that will warm your stomach and soul.
INGREDIENTS FOR CASHEW AND PUMPKIN CURRY RECIPE
- 4 1/2 cups of peeled and seeded sugar pumpkin cut into 3/4-inch cubes. This is about one 2-pound whole pumpkin.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 8 curry leaves
- 2 small red onions, cut into small wedges
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon finely grated and peeled fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup roasted cashews
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro plus additional for garnish or to taste
- Steamed basmati rice
PREPARATION FOR CASHEW AND PUMPKIN CURRY RECIPE
Stir in the pumpkin and reduce the heat to medium. Simmer all ingredients for four minutes and then mix in 1/2 cup cilantro. Spoon mixture over rice and garnish with additional cilantro.
Best Wine Pairing: Sparkling Wine