Walnut soup is a dish that people love in the colder months and year-round. It's warm, hearty, and filling. You can enjoy some with friends and family. A savory, fresh soup with seasonal ingredients would perfectly complement a glass of wine over dinner.
Ingredients for Walnut Soup Recipe
• 2 pounds fresh carrots that are peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
• 1 yellow onion, cut into large chunks
• 1/2 cup shelled walnuts
• 6 cups broth - chicken or vegetable
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• Salt and pepper for flavor
Preparation for Walnut Soup Recipe
1. Begin by adding your olive oil to a large sized stockpot and heating it.
2. Add the carrots and onion pieces to the pot. Cook for about 10 minutes, while stirring the mixture occasionally.
3. Now, add the walnuts and your broth of choice. Bring the mixture to a boil. There's no need to cover the pot.
4. Reduce the heat so you have a nice low simmer going. Simmer this mixture for about 45 minutes. Before you're done, make sure the carrots are soft enough to give when you press on them.
5. When the carrots are softened, you're ready for the next step. You can add the mixture to a food processor or use an immersion blender if you have one. The goal is to get a smooth, even texture. You want all the ingredients well combined with no large chunks left.
6. Once you reach your desired consistency, add the salt and pepper to your tastes. You can add other herbs and spices at this time as well. You can garnish with fresh herbs like basil or bay leaf to add another touch of taste and freshness to the dish.
7. You can serve this soup immediately
or you can freeze it in an airtight container if you're making it ahead of an event.Wine Pairing: Medium Bodied White Wine